Twig herself

Twigs Bathroom



"Interiors stylist Twig Hutchinson, 30, lives with her husband and their 21-month-old daughter in a Victorian semi in Stockwell Park.
In four years, Twig has transformed the family's two-bedroom house using faded hues and salvaged treasures. The bathroom cost around £5,500 including a state-of-the-art shower (but not builders' costs on top). 'I sanded back the reclaimed pine floorboards from Lassco and treated them with a grey lye from Dane Care.
'In the middle of the room is a 1920s French bath from The Water Monopoly, which cost £2,500. The washstand is made up of a French sideboard from Kempton Antiques Market and a basin from Holloways of Ludlow and handmade Moroccan tiles from Habibi Interiors.
'The base was a snip at £120 and the taps just £100 but the tiles were £158 per sq m. But that's the key to reclamation  -  some fixtures are an expensive outlay but others can be picked up cheaply if you know what to look for.
'I love our bathroom. I feel happy whenever I go in there. Taps in the middle is the way forward. Oh, and a bath rack to put your gin and tonic on! I can sit in the bath with my husband chatting for hours.'

Orginal article From here
May I add I most certainly do not read the Daily Mail Newspaper that this article was from but thought it was an intresting article.

Oh and don't you just LOVE her boots?
You have read this article bath / bathroom / interview / the home of / twig hutchinson with the title Twig herself. You can bookmark this page URL http://liberalsmithy.blogspot.com/2010/01/twig-herself.html. Thanks!